Friday, July 15, 2011

Revertigo

I think part of the problem I have in regularly posting a blog is that I have strayed from the original intent of blogs. I have used this as a soapbox from which to pontificate and wax lyrical. Doing so takes so much time and energy that I rarely feel like I'm up to tackling another post and the next thing I know, 7 months has passed since my last post. Recently I have found myself following a few blogs who's authors have a simplified philosophy of blogging. They post 1 or 2 thoughts on a regular basis. Perhaps it is deep, personal and thoughtful (which is great) but usually it is more "salt of the earth"… I find myself checking these blogs daily and regularly being rewarded with a paragraph or two on some event or thought that is part of that person's life right now, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I love it. So, in a similar spirit, I hope to start posting shorter, more frequent blurbs.

It was probably back in September or so last year when my grandma (who up until this moment I would not have guessed knew how to check blogs) told me that she really enjoyed reading what I wrote and would I please post more about what I fill my days with. Clearly I have not done well at this, and at this point catching up is a bigger task than I can tackle, but perhaps I can catch a few highlights through the use of captioned pictures. I figure this might be a good way to jump back into the blogging world (since pictures/videos are my favorite part of other people's blogs).


This is something I totally stumbled across on a bike ride the other day. Kind of seems like a big event I've never heard of, all of which occurred near my home in a place that is now a totally quiet non-descript little road. Kinda' cool what you will come across if you as me!


This was a photo from a little vacation I took out east with my parents and brother. This was one night after a long day of seeing sights and we were just trying to watch the NBA playoff game. Cable TV was out of order in the hotel and so we reverted to watching the game on my dad's smart phone. Yes, that is right. We were watching a major sporting event on that TINY TINY little screen you see off to the left hand side of the picture! :) Totally awesome of us despite one of the most gigantic confusion to satisfaction ratios ever!



This is me on call last night. I'm on call a lot and spend a lot of nights in the hospital. This is the 5-star accommodations I enjoy when on call (actually, in all seriousness, these are pretty good call rooms compared to some I've seen)


In an attempt to get fitter, grow my list of hobbies, save on gas, go green, see a little more of Texas, flirt with a cute girl I know who also enjoys biking and have something cooler than work to talk about with people (seriously, when all you do is work, your dinner conversation skills start to suffer); I bought a nice new road bike. I've been really enjoying it (though I'm yet to flirt more or get better at dinner conversation)! I've found a few rides around the San Antonio area that I really like. This is a picture I snapped mid-ride along my favorite trail. I'm sweaty and gross, but please notice the scenery. Definitely the best I've found in south Texas.


So, as I type all this, I'm listening to an album that my good friend introduced me to. I'm pretty sure that if I could find a girl who I loved as much as I love this album, then I'd make my mother a very proud grandmother. Here is a link to one of my favorite songs off this album (PS. This whole album is amazing. This is just one small sample).


In the spirit of sharing what has first been shared with me, here are a few more songs that others have shared with me that are pure gold!


(If I could marry her voice I would do it!)

Here is one my brother shared. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Yaaaaaaaaay! We're so glad that you're back to blogging. We miss you a lot. It looks like you're enjoying life down there...hope that's really the case ;) Lots of love!