Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wisconsin, the dairy and awesomness capital of America

I'm having a quiet Sunday morning here in Wisconsin. It was a little over a year ago since I had a morning like this in this place. In truth it feels a little weird. So much feels familiar. So much is unchanged. In a lot of ways it feels like I never left...but in my head I know that I live 2000 miles away and I have a years worth of memories confirming that fact as well. I know my life is now in Texas, but there is so much that feels right here. As I said, it is a little weird.

I flew in yesterday. The flight wasn't bad, though I'm pretty sure they had the rookie pilot and crew-in-training on the flight from Minneapolis to Milwaukee -- "the local time here in..." (pause...whispered conversation still audible over the PA system..."what city are we in?"...) "the local time here in Milwaukee is 12:15" (it was actually 11:15). Regardless I made it in one piece. I got picked up by a good friend and got a chance to catch up a little. We met up with some other folks, went to lunch and then met up with even more folks. Went for a swim, talked, laughed. It was good times. Then, because I am now back in a place that is not a GUZILLION degrees and that has great running trails (seriously, Milwaukee park system is the best ever) I went for a nice little run. Then dinner at a favorite Wisconsin resturant (I love you and miss you Noodles & Co), then a movie with popcorn and water (one of those Wisconsin traditions I have really really missed this last year) then talking and laughing until 2:00am. **sigh of contentment** It was a good day!

I'm excited for church today. There are a lot of people I hope to see again (most of which do not know I'm in town). Should be fun!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Yay Pesto Cavatappi!!! No one does it like Noodles...believe me, Jared and I tried a home recipe, so NOT the same. We're so thrilled to have you here :)